How Can Sexual Misconduct and Sexual Violence Be Reported?
VII. HOW CAN SEXUAL MISCONDUCT AND SEXUAL VIOLENCE BE REPORTED?
The Seminary urges anyone who has experienced sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking to seek support as soon as possible to minimize and treat physical and emotional harm and to understand options for pressing charges. Various options exist for reporting these offenses, as described below.
• On-Campus, Confidential Reporting Options: To confidentially report an incident of sexual misconduct or sexual violence on-campus, please contact one of the resources listed below. Confidential reporting means the individual reporting the incident would like the details to be kept confidential and except in extreme cases of immediacy of threat or danger or in case of abuse or neglect of a minor, the representatives listed below will do so. These representatives will, however, submit anonymous statistical information to allow the Seminary to fulfill reporting requirements of 110 ILCS 205/9.21(6).
• CONFIDENTIAL IN-PERSON REPORTING: (NOTE: Reporting to any one of the following resources maintains the confidential nature of your report until and unless you say otherwise.)
Please contact one of the following:
1) For emergency medical services:
Decatur Memorial Hospital HSHS St. Mary’s Hospital
2300 North Edward Street 1800 East Lake Shore Drive
Decatur, IL 62526 Decatur, IL 62521
Phone: 217-876-8121 Phone: 217-464-2966
2) For 24 hour services:
Growing Strong Sexual Assault Center
270 West Prairie Avenue
Decatur, IL 62523
24 Hour Hotline Number: 217-428-0770
3) For non-emergency services (to discuss your situation confidentially with a Seminary Officer):
Please contact the Vice President of Academic Affairs at 217-877-2446.
• ELECTRONIC REPORTING:
• Incidents can be reported electronically online at the Seminary website or by email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incidents reported electronically are confidential, may be done anonymously, and may be submitted by the victim, a third-party, or by-stander. Within 12 hours of receiving an electronic report, IF THE PERSON REPORTING PROVIDES HIS/HER CONTACT INFORMATION, the Seminary will respond to the electronic reporter with information about available resources.
• Off-Campus Reporting Options of Sexual Misconduct and Sexual Violence in Decatur, Illinois:
Macon County Sheriff’s Department, 217-424-1321
Decatur Police Department, 217-424-2711
• Complete the Online Sexual Assault Report, which can be accessed on the Seminary’s website at www.waltherseminary.org (your information will be sent only to the Seminary Confidential Advisor).